Monday, November 22, 2010

Learning a New Language

So we've all heard of American sign language, and some have even heard of it being used for infants. Making it easier for our children to "tell" us what they want, before they can verbally tell us. Well of course I'm a seriously interested in this. It's so neat. I've always wanted to learn to sign, and what better time than when I'm teaching my daughter? =) I've found a really neat site that shows you how to sign a whole but of words. We will in no way be fluent, but with the site I've found (click here to visit site) Elliott will be able to tell me that she wants to wear "red socks" or that she needs a diaper "change" or that she wants some "milk"

Elliott probably wont sign for a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Right now is just a learning stage. Even Matt is helping with the signing. We are having fun learning and teaching Elliott.

Oh and here as a special treat is a video of Elliott's first full out laugh. It's dark, but that's ok =)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I wish the three of you the best of luck with sign language! I'm sure it'll make it a lot easier to understand what Elliott wants/needs! You guys are such great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, and the laugh?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! Cutest thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete