Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Great Day!!

Today started at 6:45 AM. No ones fault but my own. Elliott woke half an hour later with a smile on her face! We enjoyed a nice shower, bananas for breakfast and I worked on hand sewing the new cushion cover for my rocking chair (I'll have pictures for that in some other post.)

We left the house about 10:30 AM. Nice and sunny! Took the bus to the little strip mall that's about a mile from home. In target I immediately found the perfect socks to make sock monkeys!! They were 2 pairs for $5!! So I got 6 even though I'm only making 5 monkeys.

One each for: Elliott, my two nephews, my little cousin and my little sister! I of course get the last pair of socks to enjoy and add to my growing collection of knee socks (I have over 25 pairs!!)

Next we went to Micheal's and got embroidery floss so I can embroider their names into their monkeys, and buttons so the monkeys can have eyes!!

The entire time I was out I resisted the urge to go to Starbucks! Matt is going to be so proud of me. =) Oh and there were at least 3 Starbucks that I could have  gone to while out today! One of them right next to the book store that I went and got the final installment in the Eragon series. (it's about freaking time that book came out!!)

After we were done shopping (also resisted the urge to go into Old Navy, Plato's Closet and Ross!! Although going through Micheal's and only getting buttons and floss was more difficult than resisting clothes!!) We went to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. I'm not a big hamburger person but it was tasty! And a much better choice than McDonald's!



Elliott stayed awake until we got home and nursed to sleep with out a fuss 10 min after we did get home! So there you go, 2 updates in one week! I know it sounds kind of like a boring day, but it was so great to get out on such a pretty (and warm!) day! Elliott and I are in great moods and I'm glad we got some fresh air! Now I'm going to go work on my projects!!

No comments:

Post a Comment