Friday, October 8, 2010

Plastic to Cloth

I have finally convinced my dear husband to try cloth diapering Elliott, instead of using those icky plastic disposable diapers. I'm really excited about this. Not only will Elliott be less likely to get diaper rashes, she's less like to have a blowout, and we save a ton of money in the long run! Did I mention I was really excited? Cloth diapers come in pretty colors and designs, and you just through them in a "wet bag" (From what I gather it's just a laundry sack, made for cloth diapers, probably water proof so the icky diapers won't soak through and icky-fi anything else) then every few days do laundry. There is also cloth wipes, that you can wash and re-use, but I haven't looked into them much. For now we are just doing the diapers.

See they're cute! And they look so much more comfy than those plastic crappy (pun totally intended) ones. =) And of course there are endless possibilities for color and design.

1 comment:

  1. My mom used cloth diapers on me and my sister. They are totally a good way to go. Less expensive, less garbage, better for little baby butts, and they still work really well. Plus, like you said, they're cute.
    Oh, and I totally like your use of "Icky - fi" Made me smile big time!!

    ReplyDelete