Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Who doesn't like Pie??

Seriously!? There is a pie out there for every single person:
Fruit
Chocolate
Vanilla
Lemon
Sugar-Free
Gluten-Free
Vegan
Organic

There is no end to the kind of pies you can make. And all this pie talk brings me to my "IDEA" that some of you may have read on FB.

I want to start my own little at home business of making and selling pie!!

Isn't that the best idea ever?! I'll start out by just practicing, since I haven't had the oppertunity to bake in quite sometime. I'll bring the practice pies to Matt's work and let the guys test them for me. (I think I'll find plenty of willing particpents, they know my baking skills and I havn't heard a bad word about anything I've brought in before.) Oh did I mention that cheesecake is in the pie family? Yep and it will be on the menu as well. It's going to take sometime and little (lot) a bit of money to get started, but I think in the long run it will be good for me. It will give me somthing to do on a daily basis besides sitting around on my tushie forever.

Some plans for after I get this thing up and going:
Shipping. I know there is a way to ship temperature sensitive foods. When my little pie business gets going I'll figure out exactly what that is, and I can start shipping pie out to people, over night. It will of course cost more...but be totally worth it!

Oh and one of the best selling points, especially up here in Portland, is that all of my pies will be home-made with only locally bought ingredients. It will cost more for me, therefore more for you. BUT I know how much Portland loves to buy local. =)

I really hope this idea works. I like baking, I love pie, and of course wouldn't mind a little extra money. =)

I'm not completly sure on a name for this little business. But I'll come up with something. Or I'll have a contest on here and who ever comes up with the most original creative name gets a free pie. Haha, we'll see.

They were playing with the cars. =)

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture!!!! And I love the idea, but then you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope your idea works out!!! I think that would be amazing Kenna!!! Seriously, I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete